Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fashionable History: Winter Fashion By Decade- 1960's

This is my last installment of the Winter Fashion By Decade series. I am going to end it with the 1960's! I hope you have enjoyed the series. If you haven't been following along, click on the following decades to see the changes over time! 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, and 1950's.



Winter sports are still increasing in popularity. It is now really important to be fashionable on the slopes! How great is this pink ski suit? 
I love watching old 1960's movies when they go skiing. See Charade with Audrey Hepburn. 


Large houndstooth- look closely- this is knitted! 


Pierre Cardin! Fur trim is now getting smaller than we have seen in previous decades but it's still important. Plus the mod influence is really strong here.




Why save your fur for the outerwear. Fur trimmed suits are popular.



As well as fur accessories! Again, not as extravagant as the 1920's but this is from a 1960's Sear's catalog. Meaning- it's affordable and accessible to many more people.

Which decade is your favorite? Only a few weeks of winter left...look fab!




1 comment:

Tanith said...

Great outfits! I wasn't much of a fan of the sixties before, but I'm starting to appreciate the decade a lot more. I love that Pierre Cardin!

I'm doing some posts about sixties hats and I've just done one on fur hats so I linked to your post. I've enjoyed the whole series so much, I wanted to share it around! Thanks for writing it!